Wednesday 8 August 2007

Disaster

Some of you may have noticed the lack of physics-reated posts over the last week or so. I was going to wait until I had photos but since I'm going away for a few days now seems an appropriate juncture. We had an accident in the lab on sunday, it was basically flooded by a tap left on all nigh, so there have been no expriments this week and I've instead been focusing on my Chinese.

Was talking to an American chap last night who's here researching lukemia (shanghai has a fairly high incidence of a certain type of it, apparently) and it was very interesting chatting about the difference in research cultures here and in the West.

Anyhow, the lack of research made me feel that it was a good tim to take a holiday, and today I'm off to Suzhou, China's garden city, for a few days.

No comments: