Wednesday 9 July 2008

The Return

I'm going back to China, leaving this afternoon for the southern city of Guangzhou (Canton). My plan is to explore the south a little, before going to Shenzhen (next to Hong Kong) for two weeks to take part in a seminar programme - I'll be talking to Chinese school students who want to attend UK universities on transferable skills and banking. Finally, I hope to fit a trip to Shanghai into the last week or so before returning to Blighty in time for a cousin's wedding on the 9th of August.

On the PhD front - we've just subbmitted the first paper that I've been involved with since starting (on high-magnetic-field quantum oscillations in oxypnictide superconductors, http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0806/0806.4726.pdf) to Nature - hopefully we'll know wether they've accepted it by the time I touch down in China (tomorrow evening)!

No comments: