Saturday 7 July 2007

A Storm in Shanghai

My plan today was to go and buy some washing powder and get all my clothes freshly laundered, and also shop around for a few bits and pieces. The weather here had other plans.

We had a lovely lunch at 11.30 (people here do everything about 2 hours earlier than in the UK it seems) and returned for a rest before a town trip. However, shortly afterwards, the clouds started to bunch together and look pretty ominous:


Sure enough, before too long the skies opened, and its been tipping down ever since. Theres been a good deal of lightning - I just saw the most amazing forks of it, one after another (I guess it must be a lie about it never striking the same place twice) and the rain's looking pretty foul still.


My shopping trip is postponed.

No comments: